The CTSP Recertification Process
It is imperative that employees continue to develop their knowledge and expertise in safety, which is why the CTSP Council believes that the CTSP should continue to develop and improve his/her professionalism through constant learning and growth, through teaching others and through the actual implementation of CTSP’s teachings.
To maintain CTSP, candidates must obtain 30 CEUs during their three year recertification period and submit a renewal fee every three years. Member Renewal fee is $100.00 and Non-Member Renewal fee is $200.00.
CTSPs must obtain CEUs in three categories:
- Professional Development – minimum 5 and maximum 15 CEUs for attending approved seminars, workshops, or third party training events.
- Safety Program Development – minimum 5 and maximum 15 CEUs for developing and implementing approved formal safety program elements (developing new documented and original training documents, forms, manuals).
- Safety Training – minimum 5 and maximum 15 CEUs for teaching safety seminars, workshops, meetings.
We offer Two Ways to apply for CEUs:
- Download “CEU application”, complete and return.
- Access your CTSP records and upload the CEUs online.
a. “Sign In” using your username and password.
b. Click on "Hi, (your name)" in top right corner.
c. Click on "My CTSP CEUs" tab.
Request a 6-month Recertification Extension if you cannot complete the CEU requirements before your expiration date.
- CTSPs should first log into TCIA website using the "SIGN IN" link located at the top of the page.
- Click on "Hi, (your name)".
- Click on "My CTSP CEUs" tab.
- Scroll down and click on “Request a 6-month Recertification Extension”.
- Follow the instructions and submit the form. Your request will be reviewed.
- If approved, you will receive an email with the link to pay the $35 extension fee.
Earn CEUs with TCIA programs and products
Industry Events Calendar
If you are a CTSP and have questions about your CEU’s contact the CTSP Department.