It’s National Small Business Week! And since so many of our members are small businesses, we’re highlighting some resources for you!
Some of these small tree care companies are owned by seasoned arborists, while others are helmed by ambitious entrepreneurs. But no matter your size or how much experience you have, it’s still important to ask for help.
Besides TCIA’s growing resources (highlighted at the bottom of this blog post), there are many free business tools available from federal, state, and in some instances, local government-supported programs for new or expanding small businesses. The secret is knowing where to look!
Check out our list of free small business resources below: (And if you have additional resources that you find are helpful, please let us know in the comments!)
- The U.S. Small Business Administration is the organization behind this weeklong event, and has many free resources for current and aspiring small business owners, including: online training opportunities, information about loans/grants, primers on basic business law, and more!
- The U.S. Chamber of Commerce provides several toolkits for business professionals, including a Small Business Toolkit with articles on everything from health care, employer/employee laws, workplace wellness, and even cybersecurity.
- TCIA loves blogging about business! Check out other posts on the topic, including:
- Social media tools such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and Yelp cost nothing to invest in – making them affordable options for expanding your tree care company’s brand. (Follow the #SBW2014 hashtag on Twitter this week for Small Business Week content!)
- Bookmark popular websites such as Entrepreneur.com, SMBCEO.com, and Score.org for a plethora of free small business articles, ebooks, webinars, toolkits, and more!
- Did you know that you can read TCI Magazine from the comfort of your home? Click here to learn more, or to sign up for a free subscription to the best periodical on the latest tools, trends, and technology in the tree care industry.
TCIA Resources for Small Businesses
Do you belong to a TCIA member company? Download our Small Business Resources Guide, found here. This resource covers diverse business topics including: financing options, SBA loans, an index of resources, and much more.
TCIA members must be logged in to access this resource.
Not a TCIA member? No problem! You can join TCIA today for $195 – an affordable price even for small tree care companies – and get instant access to our business, safety and arboriculture resources.
These resources haved helped TCIA member companies across the country increase profits, lower training costs, retain quality employees, and stay a step ahead of continually evolving regulatory issues; they are indispensable for a small business owner invested in long-term growth. Join TCIA today, or call 1-800-733-2622 to learn more about the benefits of TCIA membership.