The Aerial Lift Specialist course is designed to give an additional credential to your tree care apprentices. Available in English and Spanish, this course will help you document and verify that you have given OSHA-required safety training to all your employees according to their job descriptions, as well as help employees feel they are part of an important industry with a career path. Use of Aerial Lift Specialist training as part of the TCIA Tree Care Academy™ also meets the TCIA Accreditation standard.
This course is open only to employees who have met the qualifications for Tree Care Apprentice, Ground Operations Specialist or Tree Climber Specialist.
The course covers:
- Aerial lift safety
- Aerial lift inspection, preparation and driving
- General standards and guidelines for Aerial Lift operations
- Preventing common accidents during Aerial Lift operations
- Additional training topics of which Aerial Lift Specialists need to be aware
- Electrical and environmental hazards during Aerial Lift operations
- Additional truck backing guidelines
CEUs: 3 ISA CEUs / 3 CTSP CEUs
In addition to the Aerial Lift Specialist manual, you should include on-the-job training. The following TCIA training materials may also be used (optional):
- Basic Training for Ground Operations in Tree Care DVD series - Video 2
- Federal Motor Carrier Regulations Compliance Guide for Arborists
Use the checklist provided in the Aerial Lift Specialist manual to verify and document that the enrollee has learned the required skills to be considered qualified according to OSHA and ANSI Z133.1 standards.
$34.99 for TCIA members ($49.99 for non-members).
Fee includes the Aerial Lift Specialist manual, as well as:
- Test correction and checklist verification by TCIA
- One test retake after a failing grade
- Transcript storage in TCIA database
- Helmet Decal, Certificate, Laminated Wallet Card upon completion
Additional enrollments may be purchased separately, and one enrollment must be purchased for each employee enrolled in the program. Test answer sheets may not be photocopied.