Below you will find surveys and data collected about the Tree Care
Industry and our Association. The intent of collecting this data is to
educate the industry, help tree care companies create benchmarks for
their business and to provide you with information that will help you
make more informed business decisions.
When compiling data and producing these reports, we must have enough
respondents to make the data useful. So that we can continue to make
these resources available to you and as beneficial as possible, please
participate the next time you see a request. Your information and
opinions are important to us and will help us plan programs and services
to better serve you.
As always, unless we state otherwise, your personal information will
be kept confidential. Information will be used in aggregate to provide a
picture of the industry or issue.
Accidents continue to increase in the tree care industry and this
trend is distressing to companies, employees and consumers. TCIA’s
annual Accident Survey is just one tool we’re using to combat this
The data that the TCIA survey has generated in the past three years
has been invaluable for helping the Association serve the needs of
professional arborists more effectively; and the wealth of information
provides us with incredible leverage with OSHA and other entities. Let’s
all be safe out there.
Complete the survey no later than April 15, 2018.
Accredited Company Profile Reports
Every year TCIA produces an Accredited company median profile report. Results are invaluable to Accredited companies.
For example, did you know that on average Acccredited companies earn
30% more gross revenue per production employees? And Accredited
companies have a lower WC experience modification rate than the average
tree care company?
All TCIA members may participate as well. With an adequate response, we can produce member median profile reports for non-accredited companies as well.
Your information is confidential and only reported as a conglomerated
median report. We only share results with companies who participate in
the report. You may send in a filled out report at any point during the
Operating Cost Benchmark Report
The 2014 Operating Cost Benchmark Report provides detailed financial
performance results for the tree care industry based on data provided by
participating TCIA member companies. TCIA members were encouraged to
complete the Operating Cost Benchmark Survey in the spring of 2014.
Those that completed the Survey received a customized report with
details about their companies’ revenue and operating costs, compared to
that of other tree care companies, which seeks to help them identify
strengths and weaknesses specific to their companies. An online
profitability tool was also available to participants.
TCIA is making the overall summary results available to members to
help encourage business growth and development. The 2014 TCIA Operating
Cost Benchmark Report provides detailed financial performance results
for the tree care industry based on data provided by the participating
(and anonymous) members. Results presented in this report are based on
income statement, balance sheet and operating data for fiscal 2013. The
tables in this report are designed to provide a comprehensive but
straightforward analysis and comparison of profitability among firms.
Wage & Benefit Survey
The Tree Care Industry Wage and Benefits Survey compiles information
on tree care companies wages, benefits and sales. These statistics
provide a complete picture against which you can evaluate your company’s
wage and benefit offerings, which could benefit your company in
employee recruitment and retention. TCIA member participation is
necessary to ensure a complete picture of our industry.
- 2016 Wage and Benefits Survey Results: Members who did not complete the survey must pay a $99 fee to access the results. This fee was not designed to raise funds, but to increase participation in this important survey. Higher participation results in more detailed and accurate results. 427 member companies completed the survey in 2016.
To order the results of this year's survey, contact TCIA at 603-314-5380.
- About 2015 Wage and Benefits Survey Results: Members who did not complete the survey must pay a $99 fee to access the results. This fee was not designed to raise funds, but to increase participation in this important survey. Higher participation results in more detailed and accurate results. 427 member companies completed the survey in 2015. To order the results of this year's survey, contact TCIA at 603-314-5380.
- About 2014 Wage and Benefits Survey Results:
Members who did not complete the survey must pay a $99 fee to access the
results. To order the
results of this year’s survey, contact TCIA at 603-314-5380.
- 2013 Wage and Benefits Survey Results
- 2012 Wage and Benefits Survey Results
- 2011 Wage and Benefits Survey Results
- The 2010 Wage and Benefit Survey was not published due to insufficient data.
- 2009 Wage and Benefits Survey Results
- 2008 Wage and Benefits Survey Results
- 2007 Wage and Benefits Survey Results
Are there any issues or questions that you would like TCIA to consider exploring in future surveys? Let us know at email@example.com