Here is your opportunity to learn from Dr. Mike Raupp and Sylvia McNeil, BCMA as they teach this full-day workshop that combines all aspects of Plant Health Care (PHC) for both technicians and managers, as well as live demonstrations of PHC techniques.
Novices will learn about PHC concepts and methods, while managers can compare and evaluate their company’s PHC program against the latest industry recommendations. Arborjet will present the best practices of tree injection with indoor and outdoor presentations, as well as demo their tree injectable products.
PHC services are based on combining the principles of Integrated Pest Management (IPM) with proactive tree care management. Topics covered are:
• PHC basics and beyond – A review of tree biology and plant physiology
• Key insect management – Includes key insect pest case studies
• Monitoring for success – Reasons and how to monitor, including the use of degree day calculations and phenological indicators
• Improving diagnostic skills - Identification of signs and symptoms and the process of linking indicators to specific pest groups
• Pesticide application guidelines - Includes major classes of insecticides, their modes of action, reduced risk insecticides, and new EPA labeling guidelines to protect beneficial insects
• Plant health amendments and biorational pest controls
• Become your customer’s expert
Price: $105 for TCIA members; $140 for non-members (The workshop includes enrollment in the Tree Care Academy Plant Health Care Technician training program, the Tree Care Academy Plant Health Care Technician manual plus Managing Insects and Mites on Woody Plants: an IPM Approach (together, a $194.94 value), as well as lunch.)
CEUs: 6.5 ISA CEUs, 3.25 Bp, 3.25 Bs and Pesticide Applicator CEUs available for the State of Oregon.
Cancellation: Cancellations must be made in writing to TCIA either by fax to 1-603-314-5386 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No telephone cancellations accepted. Cancellations must be received 3 business days before the workshop starts for a full refund less $35 administration fee. Registrations are transferrable. By virtue of your registration, you agree to the cancellation terms as outlined.
Photo Release: By virtue of your attendance, you agree to the use of your likeness in TCIA’s promotional materials.
This workshop is made possible by Arborjet.