Becoming a CTSP
To become eligible for the Certified Treecare Safety Professional program, you must meet at least one of following requirements:
The ideal CTSP also shares attributes similar to a coach:
- Three years’ of technical field experience in tree care with at least one year of assumed responsibility for safety (i.e., crew leader, trainer, safety committee member, emergency responder, certified CPR/first aid provider, etc.)
- Six months’ technical field experience in arboriculture and one year in a professional safety position
- Two- or four-year degree in Arboriculture, Forestry, Ornamental/Environmental Horticulture, Natural Resources, Industrial Hygiene, Occupational Safety or other related field with an internship that provided technical field experience
Municipal and Utility Arborists:
- Good communication skills
- Strong instructional skills
- Model behavior that leads to a safer environment
Because your employers are ineligible for TCIA membership, the CTSP program extends TCIA member pricing to you for enrollment and certification workshops as a professional courtesy.
Please call 800-733-2622 for details.