Welcome to the Arborist Safety Training Institute (ASTI), a program of the TCIA Foundation! We are a local and affordable resource for quality safety training, specifically designed for working arborists.
As you may know, arborists face unique hazards every day on the job. While many receive some form of informal safety training, too many still risk their lives due to inadequate training. That's where ASTI comes in. We offer grants for job and safety training to help minimize injuries and deaths, and to promote overall workforce safety.
Companies, organizations, and individuals in the tree care industry can apply for ASTI grants in a variety of formats, including in-person workshops, virtual workshops, and self-paced education. Our in-person workshops must be open to all and can be hosted by an instructor of your choosing at a location of your choosing. You may charge up to $35 per person to offset costs, and ASTI will reimburse instructor honorarium, travel costs, and course enrollments.
We also offer virtual workshops, hosted by TCIA's Qualified Trainers through the Zoom platform. These must also be open to all, not just one company. And for self-paced education, we have a variety of Tree Care Academy (TCA) online courses available for training for yourself or your employees.
When in doubt, we hope you will apply! If you're interested in applying for an ASTI grant, simply follow the appropriate link below. And if you'd like to support ASTI, there are also options to do so on our website. We look forward to helping you and your team stay safe on the job.
- In Person ASTI Workshop – applicants for these workshops must find an instructor to host their workshop, and a location to hold it. These in person workshops must be open to all, however, applicants may charge up to $35 per person to offset costs. ASTI will reimburse instructor honorarium, travel costs, and course enrollments.
- Virtual ASTI Workshop – many of TCIA’s Qualified Trainers have the ability to host a workshop on TCIA education virtually through the Zoom platform. Applicants may apply for one of these to attend, or Qualified Trainers may apply to host a workshop. These workshops must be open to all, not just one company.
- Self-Paced Education – ASTI is pleased to offer self-paced education to applicants. Applicants may apply for a variety of Tree Care Academy (TCA) online courses for training for themselves or their employees. Read our explainer on the program
Apply to ASTI Grant
Apply for a Live (in person or virtual) ASTI Grant APPLY HERE.
Apply for Free, Self-Paced Education APPLY HERE.
- March 1, 2023: Workshops to be held between August 1, 2023, and January 31, 2023.
- August 15, 2023: Workshops to be held between February 1, 2024, and July 31, 2024.
ASTI Live Workshop (virtual or in person) Terms and Conditions CLICK HERE.
ASTI Self-Paced Terms and Conditions CLICK HERE.
Find and register for upcoming workshops by clicking here .