The CTSP Recertification Process
It is imperative that employees continue to develop their knowledge
and expertise in safety, which is why the CTSP Council believes that
the CTSP should continue to develop and improve his/her professionalism
through constant learning and growth, through teaching others and
through the actual implementation of CTSP’s teachings.
To maintain CTSP, candidates must obtain 30 CEUs during their three
year recertification period and submit a renewal fee every three years.
CTSPs must obtain CEUs in three categories:
- Professional Development – minimum 5 and maximum 15 CEUs for attending approved seminars, workshops, or third party training events.
- Safety Program Development – minimum 5 and maximum 15 CEUs for developing and implementing approved formal safety program elements (developing new documented and original training documents, forms, manuals).
- Safety Training – minimum 5 and maximum 15 CEUs for teaching safety seminars, workshops, meetings.
We offer Two Ways to apply for CEUs:
- Download “CEU application”, complete and return.
- Access your CTSP records and upload the CEUs online.
a. “Sign In” using your username and password.
b. Click on "Hi, [your first name]" in top right corner
c. Click on My CTSP CEUs tab
Request Six-Month Recertification Extension if you cannot complete the CEU requirements by your renewal expiration date. Download the form (PDF)
If you are a CTSP and have questions about your CEUs, contact Credentialing Administrator Irina Kochurov.